Help Women Thrive
WAYS YOU CAN GET INVOLVED
The Women’s Bean Project could not function without many forms of community support. While our business provides the context for the training that we provide, sales revenues only cover about 70% of the total operating expenses of the Bean Project. Generous contributions of time, products, services, and money allow us to offer the comprehensive and effective program services that sets the Bean Project apart from other transitional employment programs.
Whether you are an individual or a business, you can make a difference in the lives of the women we serve at the Bean Project!
As an individual
You can also be our Bean Ambassador by promoting and educating the public about Women’s Bean Project and by becoming an advocate for women-related issues that are so close to us such as poverty, unemployment, incarceration, domestic violence, addiction, transitional employment and social enterprise and by reporting to us on these issues if you come across them.
As a business
Women’s Bean Project offers numerous business opportunities that both promote your business within our community and support our services and programs that help chronically impoverished and unemployed women.
- Become a business sponsor at one of our major events, such as Ready, Set, Grow! Annual Fundraising Luncheon and Graduation Celebration, Seed to Sprout Campaign, our BeansTalk Tours or various program life skills classes.
- Become our retail/wholesale partner and carry our products in your store.
- Authorizing automatic payroll deductions through your workplace giving campaign is a hassle-free way to help Women’s Bean Project change women’s lives by providing stepping stones to self-sufficiency.
- Fundraise through hosting an event or by donating a portion of your sales to us.
- Hire our graduates at your business. Each graduate of our program has made a commitment to improving herself and her life, and each woman is eager to become a fabulous and engaged employee for a great company.
- Promote Women’s Bean Project by displaying posters, donating items or forming a team of volunteers.
- Promote Women’s Bean Project at your business site to show your community support.
We are constantly looking for more partners in the community – as individuals, companies, organizations, churches, clubs, etc. – to help us further our mission of helping chronically unemployed and impoverished women move into mainstream employment and toward self-sufficiency.