Whether you’re planning a barbecue or cocktails on the patio, get party-planning advice, easy entertaining ideas, inspiring decorating tips and delicious recipes from Women’s Bean Project.
The Bean has you covered with inspiration, ideas, and tips to make sure you’re prepared for hosting the perfect gatherings.
What you’ll need:
- Women’s Bean Project’s Uncle Bob’s BBQ Rub
- 3-4 lb. Boneless pork loin (trim fat as desired)
- 1 18 oz. bottle Sweet Baby’s Rays BBQ Sauce (use as much or little as you like)
- 1-2 cans Root Beer
- Soft buns or rolls
What to do:
Rub tenderloin with Uncle Bob’s BBQ Rub and place in crock pot with the layer of fat up. Pour root beer over pork and cook on low for 7-9 hours, depending on the size of the loin. When cooking is done, pour off any excess liquid in the crock pot and shred pork loin with a fork. Add as much or as little BBQ sauce to shredded pork, or serve on the side.
- 1 ½ cups green cabbage shredded finely
- 1 ½ cups purple cabbage shredded finely
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup minced scallions
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley (recipe calls for flat leaf, but I use what I have)
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard (or any mustard you have)
- 1 ½ tbsp. dark or light brown sugar
- ½ tbsp. honey
- ½ tsp. celery seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
What to do:
In large bowl, toss slaw ingredients. In small bowl, whisk all dressing ingredients until smooth. Pour dressing over slaw and toss.
Optional Slaw ingredients:
- Fresh broccoli chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries, craisins, or dried blueberries
- 1/3 cup nuts (I think sliced almonds would be good!)
Recipe courtesy of Annie Blagg, Production Manager, Women’s Bean Project