4 Major Benefits of Naming Us in Your Will
We hope you’ll consider including a gift to Women’s Bean Project in your will or living trust. Called a charitable bequest, this type of gift offers these main benefits:
- Allows you to make a larger gift than you might have thought was possible.
- Gives you the ability to leave a legacy.
Designate Women’s Bean Project as a Beneficiary
Designate Women’s Bean Project as a beneficiary in your retirement account, life insurance or other financial accounts. This is an easy way to leave a gift to the Bean Project and requires only the completion of a simple form.
A Gift in your Will
- Simplicity. Just a few sentences in your will or trust are all that is needed. The official bequest language for Women’s Bean Project is: “I, [name], of [city, state, ZIP], give, devise and bequeath to Women’s Bean Project [written amount or percentage of the estate or description of property] for its unrestricted use and purpose.”
- Flexibility. Because you are not actually making a gift until after your lifetime, you can change your mind at any time.
- Versatility. You can structure the bequest to leave a specific item or amount of money, make the gift contingent on certain events, or leave a percentage of your estate to us.
- Tax Relief. If your estate is subject to estate tax, your gift is entitled to an estate tax charitable deduction for the gift’s full value.
How it works
To make a charitable bequest, you need a current will or revocable living trust.
Your gift can be made as a percentage of your estate. Or you can make a specific bequest by giving a certain amount of cash, securities or property. After your lifetime, Women’s Bean Project receives your gift.
Putting Your Family First
When planning a future gift, it’s sometimes difficult to determine what size donation will make sense. Emergencies happen, and you need to make sure your family is financially taken care of first. Including a bequest of a percentage of your estate ensures that your gift will remain proportionate no matter how your estate’s value fluctuates over the years.
We Can Help
Contact our Development Department at 303.292.1919 ext. 113 or please email us with any questions about naming Women’s Bean Project in your will or living trust or as a designated beneficiary. We’re happy to help, without obligation.
Click here for steps on how to complete your gift.
Women’s Bean Project Tax ID 84-1144973