Before we get into specifics, let us be clear on our shipping “philosophy”:
- We want to get things to you as quickly as humanly possible (remember that the women we hire in our program also work in shipping and receiving and are learning along the way, so your patience is much appreciated)
- We will occasionally offer Free Shipping or Flat Rate Shipping promotions in the continental United States
- If there is a shipping charge (for expedited shipping, for example), we are not in business to “profit” from shipping; you are charged what we are charged
Delivery Time is dependent on a few factors:
- Timing of placing order. We operate our business Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. We normally process orders two times per day (usually around 8:30 am and 1:30 pm). During the holidays, we will process orders based on volume and adjust our timing accordingly. Orders that are placed after our last order pull, will not be processed until the next business day. Orders will normally be processed and shipped within 3-5 days of receipt of order and 4-7 days during the holidays.
- The method of delivery. Our main shipping methods are UPS Ground and USPS Priority. If a package weighs 9 lbs. or less, Women’s Bean Project may ship via UPS SurePost (this service combines the consistency and reliability of the UPS Ground network with final delivery typically provided by the U.S. Postal Service). We do also offer 2nd Day Air (delivery by the end of the second business day) and UPS 3 Day Select (delivery by the end of the third business day). Our products ship from our location in Denver, CO.
- PO boxes. The only shipping method available for PO Boxes is USPS Priority. UPS does not deliver to PO boxes. Shipping costs may be significantly higher with USPS Priority. If at all possible, we recommend our customers use a physical street address for their shipping method in order to receive less expensive shipping costs.
- Holiday shipping. Orders placed on or before December 14, 2016 are guaranteed to ship from Women’s Bean Project in Denver, CO no later than December 16th. Women’s Bean Project cannot guarantee that packages will arrive to destination by Christmas for any orders placed after December 16th. Shipping transit time frame is based on date order was placed, shipping method chosen and shipping destination. There is no UPS pick up or delivery service on Christmas Day. Women’s Bean Project offers USPS Priority, UPS Ground, UPS 3 Day Select and UPS 2nd Day Air shipping options. Transit times are based on carrier once it leaves our facility.
Additionally, please note that delivery time is also based on “business” days. For example, if you place an order on Saturday or Sunday, it’s impossible for us to ship an item the same day as we are closed on the weekends and shippers are closed on Sundays.
We do not profit from shipping. Your shipping cost will be exactly the same as we are charged by whichever shipping company is used to deliver your package. Shipping costs are calculated on the website automatically during Checkout based on the weight of the items you are purchasing and the location you are shipping to.
We only ship in the continental United States.