HOW TO COMPLETE YOUR GIFT
1. Choose what to give.
Pick from one of these four options.
- A specific bequest gives us a particular piece of property. If you disposed of the property before your death, we won’t receive your intended gift because we cannot claim any other property.
- A general bequest gives us a stated sum of money. If there is insufficient cash in your estate to cover the bequest, other assets will be sold for cash to honor your wishes for us.
- A residuary bequest gives the “rest, residue and remainder” of your estate, or, more commonly, a percentage of the residue after all other bequests, debts and taxes have been paid.
- A contingent bequest requires a certain event to occur before the gift can happen. For example, you could bequeath funds to a family member provided that person survives you; if not, the funds would then go to Women’s Bean Project.
2. Decide how you would like Women’s Bean Project to use your gift.
Choose from one of the following options.
- An unrestricted bequest allows us to use the assets in the most beneficial way.
- A restricted bequest allows you to specify how we are to use the funds. Contact us in advance to be certain your intent can be fulfilled.
3. Meet with your estate planning attorney.
Whether you need to create a will or trust, or simply update an old document, you’ll want to seek the help of an estate planning attorney.
4. Let us know of your plans.
Please contact our Development Department at 303.292.1919 ext. 113 or please email us to let us know when you have made plans for such a gift.
We would love the opportunity to thank you for your generous act. We are happy to honor your wishes regarding anonymity.
Women’s Bean Project Tax ID 84-1144973